June 18, 2020 - 2 min read
The advantages of living in picturesque Uxbridge verses the big city
Choosing between living in a bustling metropolis or the peace and quiet of the countryside is a major life decision that people struggle with every day.
The idea of leaving the city for suburban life has its advantages – especially to families raising children, and investors alike. Compared to the tight quarters of city living, you will find homes with more square footage for your money in the suburbs with ample yard space surrounded by nature and sometimes even wildlife. Having more space in a safe community, coupled with opportunities to enjoy fresh air, natural scenery, and peace and quiet are common reasons city dwellers move to the countryside. In addition, it’s a way to escape the stresses of big city life while still keeping in close proximity to amenities. Close-knit neighbourhoods, excellent school districts, and a variety of recreational activities and local groups to meet people and become part of a community, are some more reasons.
If you’re considering leaving the hustle and bustle of the big city for a more relaxed ambiance, consider a home in beautiful and quaint Uxbridge. Here are a few reasons why:
1. Uxbridge is known as the Trail Capital of Canada, here you’ll appreciate all nature has to offer steps from your home. Enjoy walking, jogging, hiking and cycling, or even ride along trails on horseback. In the winter, trails transform into a playground for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing where you can indulge in your sense of adventure while enjoying breathtaking views.
2. You’ll love creating memories and traditions with your family while immersing in Canadian history with fun outings to the York-Durham Heritage Railway. Enjoy the rolling landscape of Oak Ridges Moraine while the kids partake in seasonal activities including a Halloween and Fall Colours experience or an enchanting ride with Santa. Then, meet up with friends at the Uxbridge Music Hall to enjoy live shows, concerts, stand-up comedy and more.
3. Uxbridge offers small-town vibes, with a variety of modern amenities. In downtown Uxbridge, browse the array of boutique shops or enjoy a local pint at quaint restaurants and bars. For everyday essentials, shop at big box stores like Walmart, Canadian Tire, Rona and Zehrs. If a shopping mall is what you need, take a short drive to Upper Canada Mall.
4. You’ll enjoy a wide variety of recreational activities, including world-class golf courses, 15 soccer fields for all ages, public outdoor skating on Elgin Pond, and so much more.
5. Uxbridge is less than an hour’s drive to Toronto, and with its Stouffville GO Train stop just 12 mins. away, Uxbridge is the perfect place for an easy commute. You also enjoy the benefit of a quiet and safe neighbourhood rich in history and surrounded by natural beauty without sacrificing your job in the city.
For more information on Maple Brook’s upcoming community in Uxbridge – Country Side Pointe, contact us at email@example.com or visit our sales centre at 164 Cemetery Rd., Uxbridge.
Some recent posts
Fatal error: Call to a member function find() on boolean in /home/customer/www/maplebrookhomes.ca/public_html/news/posts.php on line 78