Mar 05, 2020 - 2 min read
The Perks of Buying a New Home are Countless
Here are a few of the lesser known benefits you may not have thought of.
We all know the perks that come with purchasing a new home. But here are a few of the lesser known benefits you may NOT have thought of.
1) New homeowners pay lower taxes for one full year until the home is properly assessed by MPAC (Municipal Property Assessment Corporation).
2) Energy Star certification means the home has undergone a process of inspections, testing, and verification to meet strict environmental requirements. Requirements that use significantly less energy than typical new homes while delivering better comfort and cost savings.
3) Standards for new home building are always improving. So new homebuyers can be reassured their home utilizes the newest building technologies and materials. This ensures a better built home and energy savings for the long term.
4) Because a new home is just that – new, it doesn’t require renovations of any kind. That eliminates the pressure of you and your family going through construction hassles or headaches of any kind.
5) Every new home is covered for seven years by Tarion, Ontario’s new home warranty program. With resale homes what you see is what you get. And any issues encountered come out of the homeowner’s pocket.
6) Purchasing a new home means the homebuyer actually has a say in the design and construction of their new home. From the design itself to the décor choices, new homes afford buyers the ultimate in flexibility and style.
7) Just like a new car doesn’t require repairs, new homes require zero maintenance. Inside and out, they are a true turnkey purchase.
8) Unlike most purchases, homebuyers are allowed a 10-day cool off period. Because it is such a large purchase, buyers are allowed 10-days after signing any agreement to decide if you really want it or not.
Bottom line: new homes offer a wealth of benefits over resale homes that will pay dividends now and well into the future. For more information on Maple Brook Homes and how we can get you into a new home, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our sales centre at 164 Cemetery Rd., Uxbridge.